Helping girls lead righteous lives
Founded by an ordained youth pastor, Shavonda Martin, JourneyGirls & Co. is a ministry catering to girls ages 4-17. With the mission to guide young girls/teens to walk in love, faith and virtue, Shavonda also encourages them to:
- use their gifts and talents while glorifying God
- be an inspiration to one another
- know that He loves them and has a specific purpose and journey for them
- realize the importance of inner beauty; establishing self-worth, self-esteem and self-confidence
- know the importance of spending time with God, Bible reading, and daily prayer
- build friendships with one another, while having “good, clean fun”
- find church families and others for fellowship, accountability and instruction
With monthly meet-up’s, the girls participate in activities such as Bible studies, prayer, trips, hospital visits, girls’ night out, spa and wellness, vacations, fundraisers and community events.
Recently, on April 21st, the ministry had an afternoon social at Shavonda’s home, where the girls enjoyed fellowship with treats including loaded nachos, chocolate chip cookies, and pineapple punch in glitter cups! There was a fun photo shoot too, but the focus of the time was meant for the girls to go through the book by Elizabeth George, titled A Girl After Gods Own Heart!
The book discusses having an adventure with Jesus, and topics such as “My Heart,” “My Space,” “My Family” and “My Parents!” The preteens and teens were made to realize that having a heart for God comes with realizing that God loves them! This book taught them to open the Good Book…and enjoy it, to open their hearts to their friends, and to pray and dream!
JourneyGirls & Co. continues to have monthly meet-ups, and we are looking for other teens and preteens to join us. We’ll also be taking a trip to New York in July 2019! Now is the time to journey with us, as God orders our steps!