By Reverend Rick Roberts
The Bible is very clear about this fact. Jesus Christ is the Lord of all creation. This is a foundational doctrine of the church, and every professing believer will proclaim this.
Observe what scripture says:
• Revelation 19:16: And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
• 1 Peter 1:3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…
• Hebrews 13:20: Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, [even] Jesus our Lord…
• Philemon 1:25: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
• 1 Timothy 1:12: I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service…
• 1 Thessalonians 5:28: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
• Colossians 3:24: …knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
• Philippians 2:9-11: For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
• Ephesians 1:17: …that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
• 2 Corinthians 8:9: For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich.
• 2 Corinthians 4:5: For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus’ sake.
• 1 Corinthians 5:4: In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus…
•Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• Romans 10:9: …that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…
• Romans 5:1: Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ…
• Acts 16:31: They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
So, the fact is established. Jesus Christ is the supreme commander, the chief ruler, the ultimate authority over all creation. But here is the question: is it true concerning YOU!
Note this warning. Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.”
It’s a simple thing to say, but realize when you say it, that you are saying that Jesus rules everything that you do. You are claiming that you consult Him about every decision and every move you make. You are declaring that Jesus is in control of your life. That’s a mighty bold claim. Strive to make it true.
There’s great quote from Hudson Taylor, missionary extraordinaire. He said, “Those who do not make God Lord of all, do not make Him Lord at all.”
THAT is something to think about!