A perspective change
By Julie Esta’
“And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.” (Romans 12:1 NLT)
WHY is it so HARD to lose weight? As a Certified Health Coach, here are the top reasons I hear…
• I don’t know how
• Eating healthy is too expensive
• Takes too much time to prepare
• Don’t have the will power
Perhaps realizing what unhealthy habits will lead to can give us a perspective change of what is harder.
WHY it’s so hard to NOT LOSE weight?
• Escalated medical expenses, medications
• Time here is cut short
• Time spent at Dr. offices/hospital, away from work and family
• Heart attack, stroke, diabetes, dialysis, cancer, joint pain, knee replacement, sleep apnea, acid reflux
• Lack of energy, sex drive, confidence
• Feelings of anger, guilt, shame
• Clothing doesn’t fit, expense of buying more
• Taking energy shots, more coffee, can’t sleep at night
• Burden to our family for sick care
See, getting healthy may be hard, and you will have to make temporary sacrifices. I have never had anything in my life worth having that did not take work and sacrifice. Making this choice and sacrifice will propel you towards fulfillment, health and purpose! Our health, as Romans 12:1 states, is a form of worship.
Choose health. Choose life. Choose YOU.
Cheesy Cauliflower Salad
4.5 C frozen cauliflower, boiled
2 TBSP low fat cream cheese
1 wedge laughing cow garlic herb cheese wedge
1 C part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
1.5 tsp Purely Cajun
Boil cauliflower, drain, mix all ingredients together and enjoy!