By Lakondra Hines
2 Navy Vets Foundation’s motto is “We Took an Oath,” and the Oath never stopped. Through advocacy and outreach activities, we believe that “One Single Act Can Make A Difference” in the community, and that collective action can greatly impact the world around us.
Rollen and I want everyone to know that 2 Navy Vets Foundation is not just out there servicing Navy Vets or military Veterans. We are here for “The People.” We seek to do our part in assisting people in the community who has some sort of need.
2 Navy Vets Foundation currently has 4 programs:
- The Feeding Program: Our feeding program provides nutritious meals to feed in the Lafayette and surrounding areas.
- The Alternative Shelter Program: Provides alternative shelter for homeless, displaced people, and veterans during severe winter nights or bad weather.
- Support Bags–Personal Hygiene Program: We provide support bags to the homeless containing the basic, everyday, necessary hygiene products.
- Information Resources Hub: Provide assistance and information for individuals to get assistance from other organizations to better suit their need(s).
Why are we not highly known?
Per our Codes of Ethics, 2 Navy Vets Foundation does not post pictures of the people we serve. It is not about the organization, it’s about the people. Every donation goes toward helping people in need within the community.
If you are in need or know of a person in need, and the need does not fall under one of our program categories, we will assist you or another in finding the organization who can help.
Here are a few ways to donate:
- Cash App: 2 Navy Vets
- Purchasing of some Clap–n-Praise seasonings at www.clapnpraise.com.
At this time, we do have local and private sponsors. For those of you who are interested in becoming a Corporate sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: “Our Oath never changed, so we believe one single act makes a difference.”